[PC-BSD Testing] 1.4 Beta freezes on Xorg configuration in install

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Sat Jul 21 09:39:11 PDT 2007

Daniel Sammut wrote:
> I understand but it worked perfectly before, every time. It stopped working
> when I changed to 1.4 beta and now it is not working back in 1.3. It's very
> strange - unless there's a fault in the motherboard. I am trying to update
> the bios, see if that fixes it.

Good thinking, I was going to suggest a BIOS update to see if that fixes
it. Whats strange is that it was working before, and now its not. 1.4
doesn't actually make changes to your Hardware, so if you remove it and

Also, I'm curious why the official 'nvidia' driver failed. Which one did
you try? Both the 9746 and 100.14.11 one should work with your model
card, I've run them both on 5200FX, 5500, 6200 and a few others without
issues. If you try both and they fail, we may need to let the guys over
at NVIDIA know about it here:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47

They are pretty good about getting fixes done, and then I'll incorporate
it into 1.4-release.

http://www.pcbsd.com