[PC-BSD Testing] 1.4 Beta freezes on Xorg configuration in install

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Sat Jul 21 08:13:38 PDT 2007

Charles A. Landemaine wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> I think you can solve your problem entering the BIOS (Hit "Delete"
> repeatedly when you start your computer) and disable there your integrated
> graphics card SiS Real 256E. I had the same problem with a K8S-MX mobo.
> Your card has integrated graphics:
> http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=477&l1=3&l2=12&l3=42&l4=0
> Please let us know if this solves your problem!

Dan,

Please keep us informed on this problem, if this fixes it, we'll need to
make sure we create some FAQ's on this for others who run into it.

If this doesn't fix it, can you try changing screens when it locks up?

Ctrl + Alt + F2

Does that work, or is the system completely hard locked?

http://www.pcbsd.com