[PC-BSD Testing] freeze and reboot

Tim McCormick tim at pcbsd.org
Fri Jul 20 02:03:03 PDT 2007

Hey Brian,

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 00:41:05 -0400, brian <brian.smith at summerside.ca>
wrote:
>  For quite a while now I've had the test builds ( with Nvidia enabled )
> freeze and reboot . As my other 5 installed operating systems don't
> display this and the regular builds were fine , I'm assuming this is
> unique to the test builds .

Could you give us a bit more information around this 'freeze' and reboot?
Useful information could include:

- What you were doing at the moment the system rebooted, and are you always
doing the same thing?
- Basic hardware information. You seem to indicate that you think it's an
X11 driver issue, so you might include CPU, Motherboard, RAM, and VGA Card.
- Which nVidia driver were you using? (There are 4, 3 from nVidia and an
OSS one)
- What date was the latest snapshot you tried this upon?

Also, you might want to set your PC's clock, unless of course you really
did send your email on the 1st January 2005 ;)

I'm on holiday for the next week, so somebody else will probably get back
to you on this. As such, make sure you reply to testing at lists.pcbsd.org,
not just me.

Cheers,

Tim