[PC-BSD Testing] 18th ISO report

Tim McCormick tim at pcbsd.org
Thu Jul 19 10:48:59 PDT 2007

Hey Renato,

> *      Won't the installer have a splash screen?

We've been having problems with the VESA implementation in 6.2-STABLE lately,
as a result we've had to remove the splash screens since they rely on this
support. Hopefully we'll be able to resolve the issue.

> *      In the graphical installer, on the add user section, the field 'Full
> name' is cut off.

I've increased the size of this field, let me know if it's still to small in
the next ISO.

> *      Time is one hour ahead

Are you dual-booting? Unix-style systems set the system clock to UTC (for good
reason) and translate that to via timezone files to the user's local time
when displaying it. Windows sets system time to local time.

> *      KDE taskbar is not locked by default

Fixed

--
Tim McCormick
PC-BSD Lead Developer