[PC-BSD Testing] [PC-BSD Pbi-dev] July 3rd Iso report

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Thu Jul 5 08:35:53 PDT 2007

> ð      The KDE keyboard layout selector in KDE’s Control panel is now
> displaying my keyboard correctly but “US” is also displayed in the
> keyboard layout section and there is a keyboard layout applet running by
> default in the taskbar.  These two issues should be corrected…

I thought this was the way we would want to have it run. If you run in
another language, that keyboard layout applet will come in useful,
especially for setting any special options. Of course if you don't want
it, you can disable the utility :)

> ð      The issue with my sound card (Which began on the 26^th June
> release is still present.

Correct, I posted earlier this would only show up fixed on last night's
ISO, the 4th :)

> ð      The GF8800GTX is still not working.

Were you able to get me any logs for this error? The /var/log/Xorg.0.log
file, and the .old version should be helpful.

> ð      Fat32 partitions are the same as usual. We now know what’s wrong
> though.

Yep, Stinking HAL :) For Friday's ISO, I'm building with the latest
ports, and KDE 3.5.7, so we'll see if that helps anything.

> ð      In the installer, under the “User Account” and “root” sections,
> the “Password” and “Verify Password” fields are cut off

I'll take a peak and see if we can expand those fields.

> ð      In this version of the installer, the user can’t choose the
> Hostname for his machine.

Correct, network setup is all done post-install now.

> ð      The clock is 1 hour ahead of the (correct) time displayed in the Bios

What timezone is your BIOS clock set to, and what TZ is the system set
to? Run the "date" command.

Also, please send these to the testing list, not the pbi-dev list :)

testing at lists.pcbsd.org

http://www.pcbsd.com