[PC-BSD Testing] snapshot 29.August

Widen-Damian Ivanov d137 at abv.bg
Wed Aug 29 10:48:49 PDT 2007

Hi guys,
just some notes from me about the latest snapshot
1.PC-BSD 1.4 - Best OS ever
2.Some apps (e.g. amaroK) still can´t find their internal icons (like play, stop)
3. I am unable to run apps using X as root from Konsole
    " [root at pcbsd /]# konqueror
      Xlib: No protocol specified
      konqueror: cannot connect to X server :0.0
      [root at pcbsd /]#"
4. I have an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro from Cybis - in 1.4 there is an option     ati-3D-enable (enables the dri extension in xorg.conf) but I do not get 3D acceleration. In 1.3.4 I was able to play games like ActionCube at about 64 fps but in 1.4 Snapshots till 20th August it starts with 1-2 fps and in the actual snapshot it hangs the system.

5. The Display Wizard finds only 60HZ refresh rate at 1280x1024 - my Monitor supports 85HZ at 1280x1024

PS: I hope abv.bg dont add spam this time to my mail (happened some times in the past)