[PC-BSD Testing] Sendmail running by default - why?

sc at sdf.lonestar.org sc at sdf.lonestar.org
Sun Aug 26 14:09:03 PDT 2007

Charles,

Yes, but I prefer to keep the large number of these messages away from my
normal personal mailboxes. With sendmail_enable="NO",
sendmail_submit_enable="YES" and sendmail_outbound_enable="NO", the
messages go to two places: root at localhost and myusername at localhost. I
compiled pine4 to read them, but any mail client will do.

Maybe the thing to do is to set up during install, and present on the
graphical desktop, a convenient GUI mail client (or even pine) to read
those existing system mailboxes in the usual places where they should
still be. Then the user can check them at any time by clicking an icon,
without affecting personal mailboxes.

-rsc