Terry Poulin bigboss64 at ippimail.com
Sat Aug 25 16:27:05 PDT 2007

> Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 20:02:36 +0300
> From: Andrei Kolu <antik at pcbsd.org>
> Subject: Re: [PC-BSD Testing] 20th August Iso report
> To: testing at lists.pcbsd.org
>
> Friday 24 August 2007 00:24:12 kirjutas Kris Moore:
>> > *      Application and file manager windows are opening on the top left
>> > corner of the screen (when using the default Kwin window manager). They
>> > should be opening on the centre of the screen. This is rather annoying?
>>
>> Good idea! I fixed this for you!
>>
> Fixed what? KDE default "smart" window placement behavior? Every small window
> centered on 21" LCD screen sounds a bit....whatever.

I've always found it best when Windows are *smart* enough to pop up in the
most free space.

If my konsole is snapped to the top right corner, amarok hovering near the top
left, and I open Kopete I expect it to be in the free space in between them
and the edges of the screen. Simple, logical placement that can adjust it self
to your work space. Schema of having them auto pop up in a given area sucks,
they should use the free space available to minimise overlap between windows.

Just my two bytes.

TerryP.

--

Email and shopping with the feelgood factor!
55% of income to good causes. http://www.ippimail.com