[PC-BSD Testing] 20th August Iso report

Charles A. Landemaine charles at pcbsd.org
Sat Aug 25 10:15:57 PDT 2007

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 14:02:36 -0300, Andrei Kolu <antik at pcbsd.org> wrote:
> Fixed what? KDE default "smart" window placement behavior? Every small
> window centered on 21" LCD screen sounds a bit....whatever.

Yep. It's obvious to me. I already drag the window from the upper-left
corner to the center manually anyway.

> Disable that "Win" key completely- this is really useless in KDE because
> many
> applications use "Super key" for other functionality like amaroK "next,
> previous, stop" funtions (win+x, win+v, win+b).

Why disable it? Some people use it all the time on Windows, let's keep it
enabled on PC-BSD, it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. The key is there,
let's use it!

> Why? Someone got faxmodem and now he can't use it anymore. That's not
> your business to decide what applications someone want to use.

I wish I could use a fax-modem with PC-BSD. Do you know a model that works?

> PBI extension should be registered as downloadable file like iso or
> something-
> right now I can't just download PBIs from pbidir- they are stored like
> download.php files- that's just stupid.

What browser are you using? I don't see this problem on Konqueror and
Opera.

> "Restart network" function in NM does not make any sense- all options
> that is changed should be set instantly, not after restart something.
> ifconfig&route command can do everything instantly

I agree.

--
Charles A. Landemaine.
http://www.pcbsd.org