[PC-BSD Testing] Sendmail running by default - why?

Andrei Kolu antik at pcbsd.org
Sat Aug 25 10:05:24 PDT 2007

Friday 24 August 2007 00:44:22 kirjutas Ahmad Arafat Abdullah:
> > Kris,
> >
> > good point too.. but for system-related email to root/admins like errors,
> > logs or daily cronjob etc2, if we turn off sendmail/MTA, in think it will
> > affect it..
> >
> > just my idea..

sendmail_enable="NO" does not disable sendmail functionality
(sendmail_enable="NONE" does), it just disables sendmail nonlocal delivery
service- local one still works- you can send mails between user accounts and
got security related mail messages from system.