[PC-BSD Testing] HAL & Beryl problems

brian brian.smith at summerside.ca
Thu Aug 16 11:34:31 PDT 2007

 I've described this before , but had mistaken the problem for an Nvidia
related issue , as it showed up about the same time as the included drivers .
Basically it shows up after an install and reboot - goebbels description is
pretty much spot on , including having to fsck the scrambled hard drive .
Just to confirm I installed HAL in my DBSD and sure enough it started
crashing right away . I then removed it from DBSD and it is now back to
normal .
 I have 6 OSes installed on 3 hard drives . Maybe there is something in the
hard drive order that HAL does not care for ?