[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD v1.4 Beta, Bug in Custom Partitioning phase

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Thu Aug 16 10:29:37 PDT 2007

Terry Poulin wrote:

> No clue how the Installer handles this, I have not looked at the code but
> I bet some where in the routines that set up the custom partitioning
> screen. It automatically set's the SWAP partition size and adds all the
> remaining space in the slice to the / partition; Just my best guess of
> course.
>

> TerryP.

Terry,

Thanks for catching this! I've just put a fix into place, so that your
custom partitions don't get re-generated unless you've changed your
selection of disk / slice in the preceding dialog. I've also fixed it so
that when it does regenerate the partition layout, it clears any old
entries which may not be valid :)

This fix should be in Tonight's ISO for Friday. Please give it a shot
and let me know if it doesn't work the way you expect now.

http://www.pcbsd.com