[PC-BSD Testing] Can't install

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Aug 14 09:56:08 PDT 2007

Matt Olander wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 August 2007 1:58 am, fbsd wrote:
>> Kris Moore wrote:

> We can confirm this problem on a Toshiba laptop here that is running 1.3.x.
> When we go to install fresh dev snapshot from last Friday, the disk isn't
> seen. If we click Upgrade, there it is!
>
> -matt

Yea, I was able to duplicate it here on my laptop also. Its a bug in
6-Stable for the moment with the dmesg output. The way you can tell is
if you boot up, open xterm and go look at the /var/run/dmesg.boot file.
Look for the line "md0:" near the bottom. For some reason on some
laptops the next line "ad0:" doesn't get put on the next line properly,
and gets lost in the shuffle :( I've just fixed the script up though to
check for this condition and fix it :)

http://www.pcbsd.com