[PC-BSD Testing] Can't install

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Aug 13 11:22:29 PDT 2007

fbsd wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> My current most urgent problem is that the 6 August 2007 snapshot does
> not detect the hard disk available when opting for a fresh
> install. This problem first surfaced on the last snapshot I tried (27 July
> 2007). Prior to that I had no problems.
>
> I was able to install the
> 27/07/07 snapshot by selecting System Update/Repair. The disk partitions
> were then detected and I backed out and selected Fresh Install and voila
> the disk partitions were shown. That trick does not work with the 06/08/07
> snapshot.
>
> So at the moment, I can't install.
>
> I tried to install PC-BSD 1.3 and it worked just fine so the problem has to lie
> with a recent change to the installer.
>
> Does anyone else have this problem?
>
> Ron

> !DSPAM:1,46bfac9020761396325951!

Ron,

Can you give me a bit more detail about this error? First of all, what
type of hardware do you have. IDE / SCSI / SATA? More than one drive?
Also try this:

Download the latest snapshot:
http://dev.pcbsd.org

Then boot to the GUI installer, and right click on the desktop to bring
up xterm. Next run this command:

/usr/local/pcbsd/scripts/PCBSD.FindDisk.sh

Does it echo out any drive or drives found?

http://www.pcbsd.com