[PC-BSD Testing] 1.4-BETA Installation

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Aug 13 11:06:19 PDT 2007

Tim McCormick wrote:
>> After looking further, I have reason to believe somewhere in the installer
>> script a leading / was forgotten for /usr, no?
>
> Washington, it helps if you reply to your last comment so I can thread your
> bug report into your last one ;)
>
> How large is the partition into which you're attempting to install? I've seen
> this problem before when the partition was too small for the installation.

> !DSPAM:1,46c0939820766952456891!

Tim is right, normally this error occurs when the installer fails to
partition / mount the directory properly, or runs out of room during the
extraction. If you right click on the background, you can bring up
xterm. If you type "mount" do you see a filesystem mounted on /mnt ?

If so, then its probably running out of space, if not then it failed to
partition.

http://www.pcbsd.com