[PC-BSD Testing] Can't install

fbsd fbsd at aanet.com.au
Sun Aug 12 17:20:06 PDT 2007

Hi All,

My current most urgent problem is that the 6 August 2007 snapshot does
not detect the hard disk available when opting for a fresh
install. This problem first surfaced on the last snapshot I tried (27 July
2007). Prior to that I had no problems.

I was able to install the
27/07/07 snapshot by selecting System Update/Repair. The disk partitions
were then detected and I backed out and selected Fresh Install and voila
the disk partitions were shown. That trick does not work with the 06/08/07
snapshot.

So at the moment, I can't install.

I tried to install PC-BSD 1.3 and it worked just fine so the problem has to lie
with a recent change to the installer.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Ron