[PC-BSD Testing] Testing for Friday

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Aug 10 15:46:51 PDT 2007

Bill Leeper wrote:
> I installed the snapshot this morning and have a couple of minor
> problems.
>
> 1.  I still get the warning message about cdrdao not being installed
> when I run up K3b. It seems to work OK and the file is there.

The problem with cdrdao was a PBI issue. The version on CD2 was missing
this program. You can download an updated PBI from pbidir.com. I also
updated the PBI on CD2 to the latest one, and it'll show up in Monday's
ISO.

> On the positive side I can now play audio CD's with this snapshot. I
> will try playing with Wine this evening. I was able to set up my
> monitor resolution with the analog connection but for some reason the
> vertical refresh rate is set to 50 cycles. this has been the norm for
> all the snapshots so far though. I have yet to play with installing
> on the DVI connection on this snapshot, but will do so this weekend.

Glad your Audio CD's now work :)

As for your monitor resolution, is this on a LCD? If so it really
shouldn't matter as much, since LCD's are a bit different in that regard
from CRT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refresh_rate

Let me know how that works with DVI also :)

http://www.pcbsd.com