[PC-BSD Testing] Testing for Friday

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Thu Aug 9 14:37:23 PDT 2007

Guys,

There's a few new important things I would like to make sure are working
with tomorrows ISO. First, please confirm for me that the XGUI tool
still works and sets your desired resolution properly. (It's set to
ignore the DPI / Refresh fields for the moment, since Xorg seems to
auto-set those pretty well)

I've also added the "nfe" driver for those running on integrated nvidia
motherboards and using the onboard NIC. If you have a motherboard like
this, please check if it works on your system.

Also, this release is the first one with the new Wine patches built
right in. I've made a special PBI of Wine 0.9.42 with the corresponding
patches for it, which may be downloaded here:

http://www.pcbsd.org/~kris/wine/Wine0.9.42-PV01-Patched.pbi

That should let everybody try a sample of the new Wine support in PC-BSD.

Happy Testing and please send me your feedback!

http://www.pcbsd.com