[PC-BSD Testing] Are you able to use Konqueror to browse the web?

Matthew - Secondary syris2k4 at mweb.co.za
Wed Aug 1 19:23:21 PDT 2007

Tim McCormick wrote:

>>> The funny thing is that if I boot into WinXP, the Internet is lightening
>>> fast, but if I boot into PC-BSD/Konqueror, it's almost unusable :(
>>>
>>> It seems I'm the only one with this problem though...
>>>
>> That is plain weird, since Konq works just fine on my end here, I use it
>> all day.
>>

> Same here.

Hey,

Just wanted to say that in Konq my page loading seems a lot slower than
in Opera, which is slightly slower than in Windows, but nothing noticable.
Firefox seems between the two, however I dont have any Windows
performance to judge with. I do think that if there are tweaks that
could make Konq more usable out of the box, they should be used - at the
moment you have to sit and play with it for a good while before its
anywhere near decent.

Regards,
Matthew