[PC-BSD Testing] Correction it was the 4/21/ build even though it was named Friday build which was the 20th. [signed]

Andrei Kolu antik at pcbsd.org
Tue Apr 24 03:00:08 PDT 2007

On Tuesday 24 April 2007 10:44:40 Odhiambo WASHINGTON wrote:
> * On 24/04/07 11:03 +0800, Roberto Soriano [c] wrote:
> | Hi again!
> |
> | Further to the problem stated regarding the graphical login. I also
> | tried logging in onto the system via ctrl + alt + fkey. Unfortunately
> | no success. What I notice is that the system logs you in but exits.
> | This is due to the fact that i choose bash as my shell. The system
> | cannot find /bin/bash.

Installer can't show you /bin/bash because it is configured to
use /usr/local/bin/bash if you select it.

> | Tried installing it again choosing csh as my shell, success! I was
> | able to log in!

How you managed to install it with wrong configuration is mystery.

> | Hope this helps further in zeroing in on the bug. Will be doing
> | testing on the other shells as well.
>
> This one bit me as well. I could not login, but I did remember on the
> GUI install that it listed bash as existing in /bin (/bin/bash).
> However, /etc/shells lists bash as being in /usr/local/bin/bash.
> Once I changed my shell (chsh) to this, I was able to login with
> bash as the login shell.
>

> However, I have some additional requests as posted on this:
>
> http://forums.pcbsd.org/viewtopic.php?t=8398
>
> I'd very much love to see the abilities from the 1.3 VMware image
> brought to 1.4!

There is no difference in vmware image and plain install image- same base
system. I'd recommend to recompile kernel only with HZ=50 for VMWare.

http://forums.pcbsd.org/viewtopic.php?p=41538#41538
http://forums.pcbsd.org/viewtopic.php?p=39152#39152