[PC-BSD Testing] Friday, April 20, 2007 build is broken.

Justin Chapman jchapman007 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 17:29:35 PDT 2007

I installed the April 20th build on three different computers and none of
them worked with kde. I tried both an upgrade and clean install on 2
computers and in parallels and all of them appear to complete successfully
according to the installer, then either fail to boot X-windows altogether or
fail to start a kde session or even a fluxbox session at the graphical
login. After editing the Xorg.conf or X86Freeconfig file the problem still
exists. I do plan on trying to get a usable system out of these installs but
they are not usable out of the box with this build. I plan on testing next
weeks builds to see if the problem is solved. I might just have to get it
working myself.  I wonder if anyone else is having this problem or has
reported it. I encourage everyone to test these builds regularly on whatever
hardware they can for testing purposes. Hopefully, PCBSD 1.4 will be better
than ever. :)

--Justin Chapman
jchapman007 at gmail.com