[PC-BSD Support] pkg upgrade problems

Fred Schlechter freds at vailsys.com
Wed Jan 15 12:39:48 PST 2014

I'm having a problem with the pkg utility and upgrading packages.
I've read various websites and the blog on "End of the PKG Woes"
but I still can't get this to work.

When I run "sudo pkg upgrade" from the CLI the result is:
"Updating repository catalogue"
"ERROR: Failed getting packagesite"

Then, I tried "sudo pkg-static upgrade" which resulted in:
The upgrade will require 523 MB more space
1 GB to be downloaded
Proceed with upgrading packages [y/N]: y
pkg-static:
http://pkg.cdn.pcbsd.org/9.2-RELEASE/amd64/All/perl5-5.16.3_4.txz: Not Found

The process just stops there and no packages are upgraded.

pkg -v
1.2.5

uname -v
FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE-p1 #0: Sat Nov 16 04:38:22 UTC 2013

Originally, I had pkg version 1.2.3 and I thought that might be causing
the problem. So, I installed the latest version(1.2.5) from ports but that
didn't fix it.