[PC-BSD Support] ZFS Mirror Booting Question

Randy Schultz schulra at earlham.edu
Mon Sep 23 17:11:50 PDT 2013

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013, Fred Schlechter spaketh thusly:

-}I installed PC-BSD 9.2 on a workstation which has
-}two identical SATA hard-drives (ada0 and ada1).
-}During the installation I selected the zfs-mirror option.
-}
-}Are both hard-drives now bootable?

The disks are identical, the system can be booted from either.

If you've never done this, I would recommend messing around with pulling a
drive then putting it back in and rebuilding the mirror so you are familiar
with the commands.  It's actually kinda fun and not difficult to do.

--
 Randy    (schulra at earlham.edu)      765.983.1283         <*>

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
     - Siddhartha Gautama