[PC-BSD Support] ZFS Mirror Booting Question

Randy Schultz schulra at earlham.edu
Mon Sep 23 17:11:50 PDT 2013

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013, Fred Schlechter spaketh thusly:

-}I installed PC-BSD 9.2 on a workstation which has
-}two identical SATA hard-drives (ada0 and ada1).
-}During the installation I selected the zfs-mirror option.
-}Are both hard-drives now bootable?

The disks are identical, the system can be booted from either.

If you've never done this, I would recommend messing around with pulling a
drive then putting it back in and rebuilding the mirror so you are familiar
with the commands.  It's actually kinda fun and not difficult to do.

 Randy    (schulra at earlham.edu)      765.983.1283         <*>

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
     - Siddhartha Gautama