[PC-BSD Support] ZFS Mirror Booting Question

Fred Schlechter freds at vailsys.com
Mon Sep 23 15:30:33 PDT 2013

I installed PC-BSD 9.2 on a workstation which has
two identical SATA hard-drives (ada0 and ada1).
During the installation I selected the zfs-mirror option.

Are both hard-drives now bootable?

I assume that only ada0 has the boot sector/partition
and ada1 is NOT bootable. If that's correct, then how
do I make ada1 also bootable without destroying any
data on either disk?

Essentially, I'd like to be able to boot from either disk,
in case one or the other develops a problem.

Thanks,
Fred S.