[PC-BSD Support] Support Digest, Vol 72, Issue 4

Jacob . D frag-artists at cox.net
Wed Oct 9 12:21:42 PDT 2013

lol, to avoid potential further confusion you have two options before
you that you can use that are tremendously more simple , to use VMware
as you suggested

I would suggest using a virtualization program such as vmware or
virtualbox, but if your looking for a company with decent technical
support, I would avoid acer like the plague, maybe dell too and try to
get a laptop from some where else.

I don't deal with laptops, ....so sadly I would be clueless as to what
to suggest

But really, as a second option , beyond VM's you could refer to this
forum topic!
here it is:

this addresses having debian(or any linux), BSD and windows 7 all on a
single disk with GPT

to be honest you don't need more than 8GB of RAM for day to day use ,
unless your doing some thing intensive like 3D modeling/video/audio
editing , and it would  not need to be of a frequency higher than
1333MHZ CL-8 which is what most DDR-3 sdram modules come with.

Let me know if this helps!

Good Luck!