[PC-BSD Support] Sound settings aren't saved after reboot.

Ted Hatfield ted at io-tx.com
Fri Feb 15 21:40:30 PST 2013

I've just recenetly installed PC-BSD on my home machine and I am very
impressed with the Isotope Edition.

I've run into a problem that I hope someone can help me with.

FreeBSD detects 4 different pcm devices.

pcm0: <Realtek ALC888 (Analog 7.1/2.0)> at nid 20,22,21,23 and 25,26,24 on hdaa0
pcm1: <Realtek ALC888 (Front Analog Headphones)> at nid 27 on hdaa0
pcm2: <Realtek ALC888 (Rear Digital)> at nid 30 and 31 on hdaa0
pcm3: <NVIDIA MCP78 (Digital)> at nid 5 on hdaa1

Once the machine is booted into kde, the default is pcm3.  I load the
sound configuration in the control panel and change the default to use
pcm0.

However if I shutdown the machine and reboot it changes the default back
to pcm3.

Can someone enlighten me as to the specifics of where it's setting this at
and how to track down what's resetting that parameter.

Thanks,

Ted Hatfield