[PC-BSD Support] 9.1 9.2; video

billysdad billysdad at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 16:41:59 PST 2013

Greetings,

After years away from freebsd, last used it supporting freebsd desktops for MindSpring in a call center, I'm trying it again at home.

While I'm still amazed at the speed, stability, and memory management of freebsd, I have 2 questions.

1. I have two 32 bit netbooks that can't go beyond 9.1 pcbsd (zfs?), but updated to freebsd 9.2 on top of pcbsd 9.1, seemingly without fault, what problems may I encounter running this "split" system?

2. I've installed 4 linux distros and pc-bsd on these netbooks, and only redhat's fedora can handle dual monitors correctly. I haven't been able to google an answer to making the others handle dual monitors as well as fedora 19. Suggestions?

--billysdad