[PC-BSD Support] Problem configuring NETGEAR G54 Wireless USB adapter

ashwin damle ashwindamle at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 22:46:30 PST 2012

Dear all,

Hello.

I have installed PC-BSD, latest version 9.0. After checking for the
supported wireless usb adapters, I found that NETGEAR G54 Wireless USB
adapter WG111V3 is supported by PC-BSD 9.0.

The driver urtw is loaded fine; I can see the wireless usb detected in
the network configuration; I can see that my network is detected and I
enter the security key.

The problem:
After all the configuration it still says, No carrier. Link status is
always DOWN. I think it should just work but there is some problem.

Request you to help me in setting up my wireless usb.
Thanks.
--
Ashwin