[PC-BSD Support] PC-BSD9.0 64 bit Live DVD Boot Time

Linux sqlpython at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 15 12:28:31 PDT 2012

On 05/15/2012 11:39 AM, Murad Karadeniz wrote:

> [...]
  Just my two cents worth...
Yeah, I also noticed the extremely slow boot time of the 9.xx version
when loaded live.
I didn't complain because I knew that others noticed and it was a given.
Once installed of course the problem goes away..
..Main difference seems to be that we wait for the entire OS to be
Installed into memory AND
then we watch it Do a std Start up... As by the bar You can see that it
appears not running from Disk..
  Unless the Live CD method changes you will have to live with it...
I run PCBSD on
Lenovo SL410 Dual-Core, 3gb mem w/320gb HD  Intel Corporation Mobile 4
Series Chipset..