[PC-BSD Support] Error mounting install image" error in installing OS

Murad Karadeniz mkaradeniz at mail.com
Sat Mar 31 01:33:08 PDT 2012

30.03.2012 22:57, Dru Lavigne yazmış:
>> I have created PC-BSD9.0 64 bit Live DVD and tried to
>> install the OS. My
>> paln was first see a live pc-bsd and then install the entire
>> OS.
>> Wnen installing; after passing PC-BSD welcome screen witn
>> option
>> Boot(default)and before the next desktop selection menu
>> below error
>> occured.
>> I have got "Error Mounting install image" error.,Error
>> mounting
>> mnt/cd0,cd1 etc.,,
>>
>> What can be done?
>
> Sounds like a problem with the ISO. Did you verify the checksum of the ISO? If the checksum matches, try burning again at a lower speed. There may also be an issue with the DVD drive. Is it built-in or USB? Can you try a different DVD drive to see if that fixes the issue?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dru
Checksum surely matches(i used FastSum) and i tried the lowering the
speed of DVD burning. I tried even 1X speed. I read this in pcbsd forum:
http://forums.pcbsd.org/showthread.php?t=11814
But the problem continue to exist. The DVD drive is SATA interfaced LG
drive(not external drive, not USB). There is one thing to try: trying a
different DVD drive. I should find a different DVD drive.
LG DVD drive works well under windows os and i am trying to switch from
windows to PCBSD.
.