[PC-BSD Support] Does multimedia CD/DVD play on your system?

Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 03:01:36 PDT 2012

Hi folks,

When I tried to play music CD or film DVD on my PCBSD 9.0 64bit machine
with all my multimedia-related applications such as VLC, MPlayer, KsCD,
xmms etc, my system just does not play those CD/DVD at all. When I insert
the disc into my DVD drive and then click on the play button on those
application, the progress meter just move for less than a second and then
it either

1. does nothing - if only one track/file is selected; or
2. switch to the next track in less than a second, and then switch to
another next track in less then another second, and on and on - if more
than one track are selected from the play list

So far I have not been able to play any multimedia disc on my PCBSD9
machine at all due to this symptom.

I wonder how many of you have encountered this issue? Have any of you been
able to play multimedia discs on your PCBSD machine without doing any
additional setting? What would have caused this issue?

Cheers,
Sam