[PC-BSD Support] LXDE menu close time

Bridger Dyson-Smith bdysonsmith at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 17:20:49 PST 2012

hi all --

I'm using LXDE/9.0-Release & am having some problems with the amount of
time menus/sub-menus are available. E.g., from lxlaucher, hovering over the
Internet category opens the sub-menu for ~3 seconds. Even if I'm using a
USB mouse I'm not always fast enough to select the right application from
the sub-menu.

There's been some discussion on various forums ([1], [2], [3]), and the
general thrust seems to be: talk to the package maintainer. Kris, that's
you, :) and if you have a minute, some suggestions as to where to start
looking would be awesome. I don't mind doing a little bit of poking around
to try to make a change.

I've tried editing the ~/.config/openbox/lxde-rc.xml file, @ ~ line 640,
from <hideDelay>200</hideDelay> to <hideDelay>1500</hideDelay>, but that
doesn't seem to be having any effect on the problem. Other config files
under ~/.config/menus and ~/.config/lxpanel don't seem to have applicable
settings to tweak, either.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Cheers!
Bridger
[1] http://forum.lxde.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1842
[2] http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=19419