[PC-BSD Support] EasyPBI (9.1-RC1), java/jdk16 PBI

Bridger Dyson-Smith bdysonsmith at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 12:05:30 PDT 2012

Hi all --

Firstly: 9.1-RC1 (accidentally picked up the other day) is smashing.

Secondly: I'm working on trying to build a PBI for java/jdk16 with EasyPBI.
I'm afraid that I'm getting lost in the weeds.

I have the required .tars from Oracle & FreeBSD; e.g.
bsd-jdk16-patches-4.tar.bz2
diablo-caffe-freebsd7-amd64-1.6.0_07-b02.tar.bz2
jdk-6u3-fcs-mozilla_headers-b05-unix-24_sep_2007.jar
jdk-6u3-fcs-src-b05-jrl-24_sep_2007.jar

and I've tried placing them in /usr/ports/distfiles, but EasyPBI doesn't
seem to recognize them there. Is there another location to place them, or a
way to point EasyPBI towards them? I tried using the Module Editor to
include them as resources [that's probably incredibly wrong now that I
think about it more], as well as treating the files as external links [I
wasn't able to get that working].

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or guidance you can provide.
Cheers,
Bridger

PS You might be wondering "Why try to build JDK16 when OpenJDK is already a
PBI?" I use an editor/testing environment for work that is built against
Oracle's JDK; I've been getting some odd graphics-related errors and I
wanted to try JDK16 to see if that fixed the problem.