[PC-BSD Support] Cant Login, Gnome Keyring Daemon

MOZART MALIK IBRAHIM mozart at binusian.org
Mon Apr 9 21:08:57 PDT 2012

Hello Guys..

its me again..

well after success solving install problem that i posted on
the BIOS Stuck / HDD Bricked Issue --(http://forums.pcbsd.org/showthread.php?t=16697)

i encountered new problems after config the display.
the login screen came up, and after i logged my Id and pass. the screen goes back to the login screen.
so i try to log in as root. it does the same.

then i try to login using CLI on the other TTY.
i CAN login as user and login as root. so i guess the problem is not the system.

and then i check out the messages line on the ttyv0 (ctrl-Alt-F1).
the last message is :

-- Apr 10 10:17:45 pcbsd-2941 gnome-keyring-daemon[7590]: couldn't allocate secure memory to keep passwords and or keys from being written to the disk --

so i looked it up on google. i found a couple of interesting threads like:

Gnome PolicyKit + Keyring + dbus issues -- (http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=22537)
gnome-keyring-daemon couldn't allocate secure memory -- (http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/20451/gnome-keyring-daemon-couldnt-allocate-secure-memory)

And there's even solved ones too,
[Solved] can not log into Gnome -- (http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=20968)

but all of the above looks like specific to Gnome. but for me, i dont even start up the Gnome DE.
Im logging in using KDE. why the gnome should be involved in any way on this?

any one can give me guidance ?
this problem is posted on the PC-BSD Forum
Can't Login, gnome-keyring-daemon --> http://forums.pcbsd.org/showthread.php?t=16702

thanks
-mozart-

believed to be clean.