[PC-BSD Support] pbi_makeport failure in EasyPBI

Bridger Dyson-Smith bdysonsmith at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 18:23:28 PDT 2012

hi Dru --

thanks very much for the advice. Unfortunately it's not working.

@rook> EasyPBI
launches EasyPBI v1.2 (it looks great!)

I rebuild the module and then select it, click "Build PBI", with this
output as the result:

This libgtop was compiled on FreeBSD 9.0-RC3 amd64

If you see strange problems caused by it,

you should recompile libgtop and dependent applications

Extracting chroot environment...

pbi_makeport: Failed extracting chroot environment!

Cleaning /usr/pbi/ttytter-amd64.chroot

LibGTop-Server:

pid 35740 received eof.

I try the older method of running from the command line, with the
copy/paste command:

gksu -a "pbi_makeport -c /home/bridger/EasyPBI/Modules/ttytter -o
/home/bridger/EasyPBI/PBI --delbuild"

This fails, too, with the same message.

It doesn't want to build that chrooted environment. The other day when I
was trying this, EasyPBI v 1.0 was working on downloading something and I
had to interrupt it mid-download. Could there be a left-over, partial .tbz
somewhere that's blocking EasyPBI?

Thanks again for your suggestions!

Cheers,

Bridger