[PC-BSD Support] pbi_makeport failure in EasyPBI

Dru Lavigne dru.lavigne at att.net
Mon Apr 2 10:37:58 PDT 2012

> hi list --
>
> I'm getting the following failure in EasyPBI, v1.0:
>
> This libgtop was compiled on FreeBSD 9.0-RC3 amd64
>
> If you see strange problems caused by it,
>
> you should recompile libgtop and dependent applications
>
> Extracting chroot environment...
>
> pbi_makeport: Failed extracting chroot environment!

> I've tried a reinstall of EasyPBI, but I'm getting the same
> error. I
> haven't been able to determine if there's a .tbz file
> somewhere that needs
> to be deleted. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Newer versions of EasyPBI are being integrated into the base system, as the features users have requested are being added. The current version (in svn) is 1.2.

If you would like to test this version, run these commands as the superuser in your regular user's home directory:

svn co svn://svn.pcbsd.org/pcbsd/current/src-qt4
cd src-qt4/EasyPBI/
qmake-qt4 *.pro
make
make install

Then exit the superuser account and run EasyPBI as your regular user.

In order to build the src, you need to have Development-Qt and Development-VCS packages first installed from Control Panel -> System Manager -> System Packages -> Development.

Cheers,

Dru