[PC-BSD Support] [PC-BSD Announce] PC-BSD 9.0-BETA2 available!

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 22:54:51 PDT 2011

On 14/09/2011, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:
> *Release Announcement*
>
> The next BETA release of the upcoming PC-BSD 9.0 is now available! This
> release includes the latest
> FreeBSD 9.0-BETA2 base, along with numerous bug fixes and enhancements.

<snip>

> *Known Issues / Errata*
>
> -----
> When installing from DVD the Adobe Flash plugin may not be enabled by
> default. To fix this, open a terminal and run the command
>
> % flashpluginctl on
>
> -----

<snip>

Does the above mean that Adobe Flash will be an integral part of
PC-BSD 9, and that it will be required for installing from a DVD?

I have stayed away from Flash, and have avoided it being installed on
any of my  (non-BSD) systems, to the best of my knowledge.

I have been looking forward to the release of PC-BSD 9 (as my first
experience of installing BSD, and my first experience of using BSD
with a GUI)  with (from what I understand) PC-BSD 9 including full
functionality involving the GNOME interface, but I am apprehensive
about the possibility of the inclusion of Adobe Flash being a "sine
qua non", given the CERT Advisories that have been issued about Adobe
Flash.

Thank you in anticipation, for your response.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."