[PC-BSD Support] nvidia support for pcbsd

Dru Lavigne dru.lavigne at att.net
Fri Oct 28 13:18:18 PDT 2011

> Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 21:01:13 +0800 (CST)
> From: newbie2pb <15216712071 at 163.com>
> To: support at lists.pcbsd.org
> Subject: [PC-BSD Support] nvidia support for pcbsd
>
> Hi all,
>     I am new to pcbsd. I only have knowledge of
> windows. Before installing pcbsd, I want to ask a qustion.
> My graphics card is " NVIDIA GeForce GT 240M ", is it
> possible to install drivers from www.nvidia.com?  which
> only prepared drivers for freebsd.

NVIDIA is actually the best supported video card for PC-BSD and the installation should automatically detect and configure the card using the latest drivers (no download required). Your particular card is listed on the NVIDIA website as supported: http://www.nvidia.com/object/freebsd-x86-285.05.09-driver.html

Cheers,

Dru