[PC-BSD Support] [PC-BSD Announce] PC-BSD 9.0-BETA3 Available

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 20:42:29 PDT 2011

On 02/10/2011, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> *Release Announcement*
>
> The third BETA release of the upcoming PC-BSD 9.0 is now available! This
> release includes the latest FreeBSD 9.0-BETA3 base, along with numerous bug
> fixes and enhancements.
>
> *Download*
>
> http://www.pcbsd.org/get-it/download-pc-bsd-isotope#isotope
>
> *Changelog*
>
> Notable changes in this release: (In no particular order)
>
> * Fix issue enabling flash plugin after installation
> * Fix bug with handbook not launching in LXDE
> * Fix issue performing updates on ZFS systems with separate /boot UFS
> partition.

I have just looked on the PC-BSD web site, in various parts, including
http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/Main_Page
http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PC-BSD_Users_Handbook
http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PC-BSD_FAQS
http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PC-BSD_9_Handbook
http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/Files_and_File_Sharing

and I could not easily find a list of the file systems types that are
to be supported by PC-BSD 9, or, the extent of support for each file
system type that is to be supported (eg, fs2 - read/write, NTFS  -
read/write, FAT64 (if it exists yet) - read only, etc)

Does such documentation exist within the PC-BSD documentation for
PC-BSD 9, and, if so, where might it easily be found?

Whilst such documentation may not be regarded as part of the Beta
testing part of the developmentcycle of an operating system, it would
be useful and helpful, and, an opportune time for people to suggest
additional support for particular filesystem types, that might not yet
be supported, or,l not yet fully supported.

Thank you in anticipation.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale