[PC-BSD Support] PCBSD running on an AtomD410

eculp at worldinternet.org eculp at worldinternet.org
Thu Jan 13 17:11:28 PST 2011

Is anyone running PCBSD on and ATOM D410 or similar processor.  I
bought two Compaq Presario All-in-One CQ1-1001LA Desktop PC 's with
Red-Flag linux.  From the documentation it would appear to be a
Chinese version of linux.

some specs:

Intel Atom D410 processor (P)
Chipset: Intel NM10 Express
Motherboard: Manufacturer: Pegatron
Motherboard Name: IPPPV-CP
HP/Compaq motherboard name: Sanxia
Audio codec: Realtek ALC663

Does anyone have any experience with PCBSD as a desktop system to
replace RedFlag?
For operators who have only used windows?

I have used FreeBSD for years for all of my machines from laptops to
servers but for folks a bit more technical than the ones who are using
the Compaq's.  Any suggestions appreciated.  They are using them but
they are ridiculously slow.  Seems to be more the OS and probably a
memory upgrade would help but first I want to change the OS.

Thanks,

ed