[PC-BSD Support] Very strange network issues on PCBSD 8.1 (i386)

Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 14:10:45 PST 2011

On 12 January 2011 03:58, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:
>> Unfortunately, no difference at all - the network is still dead, the
>> "unplug/restart network/replug" workaround does not work, and no ip is
>> assigned either. We have hit a tough bug, Kris.
>
> Well, this is just straight FreeBSD at this point, so I'm thinking we may have found
> a network driver bug of some type. Have you tried this on any of the 8.2 stuff? If you can
> confirm the bug there, we may want to bring this up on the FreeBSD mailing lists, see if
> we can get some developer attention.
>

> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software

Unfortunately I cannot bother testing this on 8.2-RC1 at this stage as
that means I will have to wipe my current 8.1 system out of my laptop
before which I will need to do a thorough backup. And testing this
network issue on 8.2 in my virtualbox is just not possible as my
laptop is just too slow to do any decent test in a virtual machine;
it's not really that old thought - only 7 years old  :-)

Regards,
Sam