[PC-BSD Support] Very strange network issues on PCBSD 8.1 (i386)

Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 13:13:33 PST 2011

On 8 January 2011 04:26, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> Maybe this really is a networking bug :(
>
> Can you post your rc.conf lines relating to networking?
>
> --
> Kris Moore

This is my rc.conf. To ensure I am not missing out anything I just
leave everything as is instead of picking up networking-related
entries.

==============================

background_dhclient="YES"
compat5x_enable="YES"
sshd_enable="YES"
devd_enable="YES"
devfs_system_ruleset="devfsrules_common"
ldconfig_paths="/usr/lib/compat /usr/local/lib /usr/local/kde4/lib
/usr/local/lib/compat/pkg"

# Disable Sendmail by default
sendmail_enable="NONE"

# Enable console mouse
moused_type="auto"
moused_enable="YES"

# Enable the pcbsd startup / shutdown scripts
pcbsdinit_enable="YES"

#Enable samba server
samba_enable="YES"
winbindd_enable="YES"

# Disable LPD
lpd_enable="NO"

# Enable CUPS
cupsd_enable="YES"
linux_enable="YES"

# FSCK Enhancements
fsck_y_enable="YES"

# Denyhosts Startup
denyhosts_enable="YES"

# powerd: adaptive speed while on AC power, adaptive while on battery power
powerd_enable="YES"
powerd_flags="-a hiadaptive -b adaptive" # set CPU frequency

# enable HAL / DBUS
dbus_enable="YES"
hald_enable="YES"

# Enables support for HPLIP
hpiod_enable="NO"
hpssd_enable="NO"

# Enable the firewall
pf_rules="/etc/pf.conf"
pf_enable="YES"
pf_flags=""

# Enable sound-support
snddetect_enable="YES"
mixer_enable="YES"

# Enable avahi_daemon
avahi_daemon_enable="YES"

# Run the port jail
portjail_enable="YES"

# Added for sound support in the portjail, access to /dev/random,
/dev/null, etc.
jail_pcbsd_devfs_enable="YES"

# Start the swapmonitor
swapmonitor_enable="YES"

# Enable IPV6 support
ipv6_enable="YES"

# Enable BSDStats
bsdstats_enable="YES"

# Enable webcamd
webcamd_enable="YES"

# Disable writing syslogs to remote devices by default
syslogd_flags="-ss"
ntpd_enable="YES"
ntpd_sync_on_start="YES"
keymap="us.iso"
# Auto-Enabled NICs from pc-sysinstall
ifconfig_sis0="DHCP"
hostname="pcbsd-4583"
wlans_rum0="wlan0"
ifconfig_rum0="`ifconfig sis0 ether`"
ifconfig_rum0="ether ${ifconfig_rum0##*ether }"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA"
cloned_interfaces="lagg0"
ifconfig_lagg0="laggproto failover laggport sis0 laggport wlan0 DHCP"
ipv6_defaultrouter=""vboxnet_enable="YES"
vboxnet_enable="YES"