[PC-BSD Support] to come from Linux to (Free|PC)BSD

Mihamina Rakotomandimby mihamina at rktmb.org
Tue Aug 23 23:20:26 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I am from Linux (Debian & Ubuntu) and I think I will have to intesively
use FreeBSD on servers
(DNS, Database, Routing...)

I would like to install a (Free|PC)BSD on my laptop (Dell Inspiron) and
then virtualize a lot (KVM seems OK) in order to get used.

For the install on a laptop, is PCBSD a good choice?
If my Wifi chipset is ever unsupported is it probably the same status if
I try to switch to FreeBSD?

Or more precisely: What FreeBSD derivative would you recommend if
wanting to have a usable laptop that can virtualize several flavors of
FreeBSD derivatives?

I'll ask the same question on the main FreeBSD list.

--
RMA.