[PC-BSD Support] PC-BSD 8.1 installer (small) bug

Lapo Luchini lapo at lapo.it
Thu Sep 30 02:21:37 PDT 2010

OK, it's a fairly un-typical install,
but still a bug to be solved I'd say. ;-)

How to reproduce:
a. use PCBSD8.1-x86-bootonly.iso
b. do a FreeBSD network install
c. customize partitions to avoid /var and /usr
   (I'm creating a small virtual machine, so a single
   UFS is certainly enough for everything)
d. grow / from 512MB to full size
e. install
f. reboot
g. /dev/label/rootfs0 was not defined and boot fails
h. boot from /dev/ad0p2 in single user mode
i. glabel label rootfs0 /dev/ad0p2
j. reboot
k. everything works

I guess the fact it was a network install isn't really involved, but I
didn't try to reproduce it without that.

cheers,

PS: I suggest a little rehaul of the bug reporting system and
instructions, i.e.
http://trac.pcbsd.org/newticket?type=defect
says"TICKET_CREATE privileges are required to perform this operation"
http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/ReportingBugs
is simply empty...

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

“There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence.” (Jeremy S. Anderson)