[PC-BSD Support] Network Not Working In Ports Jail

Michael R. Rusch ruschm at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 02:48:17 PDT 2010

Tonight I decided to try PC-BSD 8.1 amd64 and I ran into the following
issue:

I am trying to install pidgin-twitter  0.9.2 from the ports tree to the
ports jail.

See below:

pcbsd-8238#
pcbsd-8238#
pcbsd-8238# cd /usr/ports/net-im/pidgin-twitter/ && make install clean
===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
===>  License check disabled, port has not defined LICENSE
=> pidgin-twitter-0.9.1.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in
/usr/ports/distfiles/.
=> Attempting to fetch from http://www.honeyplanet.jp/.
^C^C
pcbsd-8238#
pcbsd-8238#
pcbsd-8238# portsnap fetch extract
Looking up portsnap.FreeBSD.org mirrors... host: isc_socket_bind: address
not available
none found.
Fetching public key from portsnap.FreeBSD.org... failed.
No mirrors remaining, giving up.

-----

Added these settings to: etc/sysctl.conf

# Jail Settings (Added)
security.jail.jailed=0
security.jail.enforce_statfs=2
security.jail.socket_unixiproute_only=1
security.jail.set_hostname_allowed=1

-----

I am not sure what settings worked, but it is working now.

-
Thanks,
Michael Rusch
ruschm at gmail.com