[PC-BSD Support] Lost kernel/partitions upgrading from 8.0 to 8.1

Mike Barnard mike.barnardq at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 02:45:23 PDT 2010

Kris, any light you can shed on this... I'll give this my best shot to
recover. It appears that the disks were not formatted and no new partitions
were created. Just that the offsets being messed up and the fact that the
kernel went missing. if I dd the partitions and pass them to hd, I can see
the data still intact... albeit cant quite make sense of it, thanks to geli
:-)

I have re-run the PCBSD CD but I have no disks to select in the upgrade.