[PC-BSD Support] Lost kernel/partitions upgrading from 8.0 to 8.1

QT rdirective at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 10:22:00 PDT 2010

You seem to have one bad problem after another.

The upgrade via PCBSD own system update is binary diffs...it shouldn't touch
your partition layout or the MBR.

Maybe Kris can shed some light about this.

In the mean time, bsdlabel the device to see the partition layout.  Maybe
you might want to write down the information in case you need to recreate
the partitions in the exact positions

Quyen