[PC-BSD Support] Cannot Load CDROM

Mike Barnard mike.barnardq at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 09:34:53 PDT 2010

Thanks Quyen,

I'll continue trying to figure out where the problem is.

Tis very odd problem.  You should try to disable hald and leave KDE and try
> to mount from console only.
>
> Yes it is.... I did disable hald but got no joy. I'll try that with dbus
and polkitd disabled and let you know how it does.

Regarding upgrade, you can upgrade via the PCBSD own system update notice.

> I did... on my desktop... there is a mail to this list about that with a
loud yelp for help :-)... I seemed to have lost my kernel with an upgrade
from 8.0 to 8.1... and I always check for any system updates from the Update
manager every morning.