[PC-BSD Support] Fwd: Weird desktop after switching desktop activity type from "Search and Launch Containment" to "Folder View" (resent due to attachment size)

Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 01:04:17 PDT 2010

Dear PCBSD fellows,

This might be KDE4.5's issue but I still would like to hear how you think.

Until yesterday my desktop activity type has been set as "Search and
Launch Containment" in "Desktop Settings - Plasma Workplace" (Activity
/ Activity / Type: Search and Launch Containment). The type was then
switched to "Folder View" and it is supposed to look like what it was
right after PCBSD is just installed. However it now actually looks
like the attached image - a huge and non-functioning folder covers the
wallpaper, with a wide blank on the right.

FYI my system is Compaq Presario 2166ae on PCBSD i386 8.1.

Has this ever happened to any of you?

Regards,
Sam