[PC-BSD Support] Installer hangs at boot

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Sat Mar 13 15:25:07 PST 2010

Am 13.03.2010 um 02:34 schrieb Ummon Karpe:

> Once the installer is finally loaded, it freezes at the welcome
> screen. Pressing 1 or Enter does nothing, and I don't need to pause
> the timer, as it remains at 10. Is there any obvious mistake I
> might be making?

Unlikely, as all the loader stuff, at least until the kernel is
loaded, makes use of the BIOS interface. BSD hardware drivers appear
on the scene after that.

Could you try the standard FreeBSD install disk? The 'disc1' thing is
sufficient, it should load up into at least the installer.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/